This sample will let you know about:
- Explain Leadership role that exist within Johnsons of Whixley.
- Discuss Ways in which effective teams might be built through motivation within Johnsons of Whixley.
- What are the Current strategies used by the Johnsons of Whixley by summarising the main findings?
People are one of the most important resource of an organization. Effective and efficient people of an organization help an organization to gain competitive advantage and further helps them to gain competitive advantage (Furtner, Maran and Rauthmann, 2017). It is important for companies to focus on motivating their employees and enhance job satisfaction among their employees. It is one of the most important roles of leaders of a company to focus on motivating and enhancing satisfaction level of their employees. This report is about people in organization and will focus on a case study Johnsons of Whixley organization. Johnsons of Whixley is one of the largest and well-established wholesale and commercial nursery business organization of UK. They are one of the most trusted suppliers of trees and plants to landscape trade who operates within UK. This assignment will lay emphasis on role of leadership that might exist within Johnsons of Whixley, culture and structure of organization that might support an effective transitional change that occurs within an organization, ways in which Johnsons of Whixley can build an effective team with the help of motivation and team development attributes that might contribute within overall success of Johnsons of Whixley. Need Assignment Examples?Talk to our Experts!
Leadership role that exist within Johnsons of Whixley
Leaders play a vital role within an organization. They also help an organization to achieve their targeted or desired goals (Buch, Thompson and Kuvaas, 2016). They further helps an organization to enhance overall productivity and performance of their employees. There are various roles of leaders that exist within an organization like Johnsons of Whixley. Some of the most common role of leaders that might exist within Johnsons of Whixley are as follows:
- Building morale: Leadership helps in pulling each and everyone towards a central organizational goal (Den Hartog and et al., 2017). Leaders of Johnsons of Whixley motivate their employees by boosting their morale and making them realize that how much their work is appreciated by the organization.
- Communication: One of the main roles of leadership within an organization like Johnsons of Whixley is to communicate all kind of updated information with their employees in a proper manner. Leaders of Johnsons of Whixley plays a vital role in explaining and communicating any kind of changes or updates in a proper manner. leaders of Johnsons of Whixley also communicate all kinds of plan and policies related to people of organization in a better manner such that employees does not take policies of the organization otherwise.
- Building potential of an organization: leaders helps in enhancing motivational level, potential, intellectual ability and overall performance of their employees which helps them to increase overall organizational potential (Pizzo, Lawley and Rubenstein, 2017).
- Hold accountable: Leadership within Johnsons of Whixley focus in enhancing professional accountability within their employees so that they do not get away with the same. They make sure that all the employees of Johnsons of Whixley accepts all kinds of changes easily and focus on delivering positive results or outcomes of the change.
- Enhance relationship: leaders of Johnsons of Whixley focus in enhancing their relationship with their employees. They made sure that all the employees think that they are an integral and important part of an organization. This strengthened relationship among employees so that they can focus on achieving their desired foals and objectives.
- Encourager: Leaders of Johnsons of Whixley focus on encouraging their employees so that their employees can participating in contributing new or innovative ideas with the organization (Karacay and et al., 2019). This helps the leaders to make their employees feel important and a part od organization by feeling that they participated in bringing improvement within the organization.
- Make decisions: Leaders within Johnsons of Whixley focus on managing and controlling all kinds of organizational resources such as equipment’s, people, budget and many more. They have an authority to take any kind of decision that relates to management od all the organizational resources that can further any kind of organizational initiative and support organizational changes.
- Role model: Another important role of leadership within Johnsons of Whixley is to act as a role model i.e. they should be the one to willingly accept any kind of change within the organization. This helps the leaders to act as a role model for their employees so that they can understand who that change will affect them (Den Hartog and et al., 2017). This further helps their employees so willingly accept those changes deliberately.
- Guide employees: leaders of Johnsons of Whixley majorly focus on guiding their employees by explaining role and importance of work process. Leaders also focus on guiding their employees by explaining and providing them with requited resources that would be required by employees to complete their work in a proper and efficient manner (Sonpar and et al., 2018).
- Good listener: Leaders are also required to patient listeners. They should focus on enhancing their relationship with their employees by listening to their employees their issues or difficulties faced by them. This sometimes also helps them to identify any kind of risk or threat that might affect their organization in many different ways. This helps the leaders to understand their employees in a much better manner.
These are the main role of leadership that might exist within Johnsons of Whixley. Order assignment help from our experts!
Ways in which structure and culture of organization may support effective transitional change
Overall culture and structure of an organization plays a vital role in supporting effective transitional changes that might occur within an organization like Johnsons of Whixley. There is a strong relationship between structure and culture of an organization (Lu and et al., 2018). This relationship can help in strengthening and supporting effective transitional changes. There are many ways in which culture and structure of Johnsons of Whixley may support effective transitional changes.
Bringing changes within overall structure of an organization each and every level of the organization can help in bringing positive changes within an organization. Johnsons of Whixley does not have a proper organizational structure ad because of this their total number of staff members fluctuate. Johnsons of Whixley can focus on establishing a proper organizational structure which will help them to bring any kind of transitional changes within their organization that would be quite effective and would not affect their employees. This is mainly because if an organization does not have a proper and effective organizational structure then it reduces overall transparency within organization and their employees which can become of the main reason of employee demotivation (Adrian and et al., 2018). By establishing a proper organizational structure Johnsons of Whixley can strengthen their relationship with their employees and would further help them to support efficient transitional changes within their organization.
Culture plays a vital role within an organization. It helps in motivating and enhancing their satisfaction level in many ways. But currently they do not have a proper organizational culture because of non-existence of organizational structure. Most of the employees who are employed at the time of peak season have least knowledge about employee benefits or actual role they need to play in order to fulfil their duties. Establishing a proper organizational structure within Johnsons of Whixley will also help them to enhance their organizational culture where each employee will be assigned with their duties and department in which they would be reporting. This will also help them to enhance employee involvement within the organization which will further support their effective transitional changes (Den Hartog and et al., 2017).
Organizational culture and structure are also important for an organization like Johnsons of Whixley at affects their overall job security level of employees. Most of the employees at Johnsons of Whixley currently focus on securing their jobs which is affecting their overall job satisfaction and overall performance level as well. They are required to be motivated as so that they can feel job security and satisfaction. Bringing changes within organizational structure can help their employees to understand their position within the organization. This will directly bring improvement within their job satisfaction and performance level and will further support effective transitional changes. Enhancing a proper and strong organizational culture will also help Johnsons of Whixley to make their employees aware of new organizational structure. This will help Johnsons of Whixley to make their employees to adopt new structure and start working within teams and focus on bringing improvement within their work as establishing proper structure will also help the company to make their employees aware about the fact that their work will be noticed and will further rewarded (Adrian and et al., 2018). Leaders of Johnsons of Whixley will also be able to establish a proper reward structure for their employees in order to increase their job satisfaction and job security level. So, it can also be said that both culture and structure of an organization will help in establishing effective transitional changes within an organization i.e. they can effectively replace their exisi9ting process with a new one.
Ways in which effective teams might be built through motivation within Johnsons of Whixley
There are various theories that can help in understanding ways in which team effectiveness within teams through motivation can be built within Johnsons of Whixley. One of the most commonly used team effectiveness models is The Hackman Model of Team Effectiveness (Den Hartog and et al., 2017). As per this model there are five conditions that helps in increasing team effectiveness as well as also helps in growing capabilities of team members over time as well. Johnsons of Whixley can use this theory to build effectiveness of their teams.
- An effective should have a boundary so that they can understand who is a part of a team and who are not. This helps in developing a real team as all the members are interdependent upon each other.
- A team should have clear goals and vision as this helps in motivating all the team members. Motivated team members strive together in order to achieve their desired goals and objectives (Pizzo, Lawley and Rubenstein, 2017).
- Organizational structure also helps in enhancing team work as the way in which work is required to be done is already defined. This not only helps in improving teamwork of the members but also motivates them to complete given task appropriately. Johnsons of Whixley can focus on building an appropriate organizational structure so work and task can be defined already.
- Providing adequate and required resources, information, rewards, support which is required by the team members also helps in enhancing their efficiency and effectiveness (Lyubovnikova and et al., 2017).
- Last is by providing expert guidance, and coaching to the team members also helps them to resolve any kind of issue faced by them and further helps in enhancing overall effectiveness of the team (Den Hartog and et al., 2017).
From the above theory it is clear that motivation is one of the main factors that can help in building an effective team. There are various kinds of theories that can help in motivating team members. One of the theories that can help in enhancing motivational level of employees that can be used by Johnsons of Whixley is Herzberg’s Motivation Hygiene Theory. As per this theory there are two factors within workplace that can either demotivate employees or can enhance satisfaction level of employees (Alsharo, Gregg and Ramirez, 2017). Hygiene is one of the factors that can create job dissatisfaction among employees and can demotivate them and thither factor is motivator factors that can enhance job satisfaction of employees. Johnsons of Whixley can work on these two factors so that employees feel motivated and focus on achieving desired goals and objectives. In order to motivate their employees to work effectively within a team Johnsons of Whixley they use hot spot rewards in order to recognize strong performance of their employees, however, they need to bring improvement in order to motivate their employees such that they can easily build an effective team.
Team development attributes that might contribute to success of Johnsons of Whixley
There are various attributes of team development that can contribute in success of Johnsons of Whixley. These are some attributes that every successful team share.
- By automating most of the time-consuming work: This can help Johnsons of Whixley employees to focus on other important work that requires great attention. Automating some time-consuming work can help the organization to enhance their team effectiveness and can lead them towards success (Choi, Kim and Kang, 2017).
- Contribution of every team member: Effective team makes it easy for everyone to contribute in order to achieve a task. It is one of the main attributes it is one of the main attributes of team development that can contribute in success of Johnsons of Whixley where each and every team member feels open to share their opinions of view point with others. This helps the organization to enhance overall effectiveness of their employees which further contributes in development of effective teams.
- Clear vision, goals and objectives: Focus on main common desired goals and objectives that are required to be achieved (Breuer, Hüffmeier and Hertel, 2016). It is another important attribute of team development i.e. each member of a team focuses on achieving same goal this helps in increasing team effectiveness. This further helps in making all the team members contributing same and fair share of work in order to achieve desired goals and objectives of the team. This attribute can contribute in success of Johnsons of Whixley as currently they do not have any kind of organizational structure because of which they do not have teams who can work on a common shared goal and objectives.
- Inspiring team leader: Team leader plays an important role within an organization as they are one who lead their team members towards desired goals, communicate clear visions, resolve issues faced by team members and are open to any kind of criticism or feedback (Kozlowski and et al., 2016). They mainly focus on employee development and enhancing their overall skills and performance. Team leaders will not only help Johnsons of Whixley to lead towards success but will also help them to enhance efficiency of their employees.
- Constrictive communication: Communication is one of the most important attributes that can lead a team towards success or can lead whole team towards failure (Gibson, Dunlop and Cordery, 2019). Any kind of doubts, queries or issues should be openly asked with each other so that overall perspective of team can be cleared which will help Johnsons of Whixley to achieve success.
- Appreciation: Team leaders should appreciate efforts made by team members as it help them in encouraging team members to focus on enhancing their performance in order to achieve desired goals and objectives. This team development attribute can also help Johnsons of Whixley to achieve success and may contribute in overall success of the organization. Order Finance Homework Help from our experts!
Current strategies used by the Johnsons of Whixley by summarising the main findings
Johnsons of Whixley majorly depend upon their staff members even on the employees who work within the organization in peak seasons. Current strategies used by Johnsons of Whixley to motivate and enhance performance of their staff members is to attendance recognition strategies and annual profit share bonuses. But these current strategies are not guaranteed i.e. there is no surety that these bonuses will be provided to the employees. Johnsons of Whixley can use Herzberg’s Motivation Hygiene Theory to motivate their employees i.e. they can recognize and reward works of employees who achieve their target, they can promote employees who works will complete dedication and give excellent performance to their employees (Mathieu and et al., 2019). They can promote employees whose performance is excellent and can put responsibilities upon them. Another strategy used by Johnsons of Whixley is hot spots rewards for excellent and strong performance. But these rewards are too small. They can provide points to the employees for every achievement and at last they can reward their employees together. This will not only motivate their employees to enhance their performance but will also contribute in success of the organization (Feng and et al., 2017). Currently Johnsons of Whixley have no organizational structure because of which number of employees working of them is not fixed because of which their overall working structure is not appropriate and they do not have teams working for them. They can focus on building proper structure which will further help in developing organization culture. This appropriate structure will further help them to distribute work or task within team members. Team development can enhance success Johnsons of Whixley organization and can also help them to reduce workforce number at seasonal time as all the work or task will be distributed appropriately.
From the above assignment it has been concluded that effective and efficient employees are one of the most asset of an organization that can help them to gain competitive. For this it is important for organization to focus on enhancing motivation, satisfaction level and effectiveness of their employees so that they work in an effective manner. it has been analysed that leadership within a company plays a vital role within success of a business. Leaders are the one who can boost their employee’s morale, can communicate any kind of change in an appropriate manner etc. It has also been analysed that overall organizational culture and structure helps in supporting effective transitional changes that are brought by the leaders within an organization. There are many ways that can helps organizations like Johnsons of Whixley to build effective teams with the help of motivation. These effective teams can also help organizations to increase effectiveness and overall performance of their employees.