The student will have to analyze the change in work practices further the assessment which will be covered in it are as follows:
- Analyze the framework and the concepts applied by M&S.
- Evaluate the problems and the crisis which are being faced by M&S.
- Provide independent research and writing skills with longer assessed work.
The organisational behaviour is defined as the study of how people interact within the group and the various principles which can impact in the performance of the employees and it can lead to an effective work. It is very important for the business organisation to understand its employees and their behaviour in order to cultivate the various practices within the organisation to have an healthy culture and the environment. The culture of the organisation plays the vital role in the behaviour of the employees as it is important for the managers to have the strategic and the motivation processes in order to increase in the effectiveness of the employees. As the change in the work practice is also necessary for the organisation and this need top be accepted by the employees and customer as well. The organisation which is considered for this report is the Marks and Spencer which is the British multinational retailer dealing in the home, food and clothing products for the customers. The business organisation established in 1884 by the Michael Marks and Thomas Spencer. The organisation is situated in London, England. (Pereira, Malik,. and Froese, 2017). This report will include the various topic such as the pestle analysis of the organisation, cause of the change in the work practice, le-win model, what is the response of the organisation and individual for the change, strategies which can be implemented explanation of the organisation culture and influence on the stakeholders.
We tend to help at every step regarding to Assignment for getting on track...
We tend to help at every step regarding to Assignment for getting on track...
This is the tool which is used by the various business organisation in order to evaluate the different external factors which can influence the operations and activities of the business organisation(Asthana, 2021). This also can help in evaluating the change which can be brought in the work practice due to the various factors. The various factors are discussed below:
- Political- This is the factor which is related to the extent to which the government policies ma affect the business organisation and its operations. Such factors include trade restrictions, trade tariffs, taxation, fiscal policies etc. The Brexit move has impacted the Marks and Spencer has it was unable to d the free trade there was increase in the taxes for the companies situated in the United Kingdom..
- Economical- This is the factor which is directly impacted by the performance of the economy. Such factors include the inflation rate, interest rate, disposable income etc. The pandemic have impacted the business organisation has there was increase in the prices of the products and services and due to the pandemic many of the people have lost their jobs which impacted in the decrease of the demand of the premium priced products.(Yadav, and Punia, , 2021).
- Social – This is the factor which helps the marketers to evaluate the current trend in the market. Such factors include change in lifestyle, religion and ethics, consumer buying pattern etc. This is the most important factor for the Marks and Spencer in order to meet the expectation of the consumers. It is important for the marketers of the organisation to know the trend in the market in order to produce those products as it is been observed that the customer is looking for the exclusive designs in the apparels so that they can look different(Zheng, , and et.al., , 2017).
- Technological- This is the factor which is related to the innovation and development around the world can impact the business organisation and its operations. Such factors include research and development, artificial intelligence, automation etc. it is very important for the Marks and Spencer to have the latest technology which can be the self check- in and out so that the customers t have to stand in a long queue for the billing.(Geramian, , Abraham,. and Ahmadi Nozari, 2019)
- Legal- This is related t the certain laws which can affect the business organisation in which country it is situated in. such factors include the employment law, industry specific regulation, consumer protection etc. It is very important for the Marks and Spencer to have the employment law into consideration and have the equal wages in order to avoid any legal circumstances(Wong, and Wong, 2017).
- Environmental- This factor is related to the surrounding and the condition in the environment which can affect the business organisation. Such factors include sustainable development, climatic conditions, weather etc. it is very important for the Marks and Spencer to practice the sustainable development practices so that it can save environment and also it can take initiate in stop using the plastic poly bags which is affecting the environment.
Causes of change
There can be the various cause which can lead to the change in the work practice for the business organisation which can be due to the government interference or the other various issues. From the above PESTLE analysis it is found that the Brexit move has brought the change in the work practice of the Marks and Spencer. The Brexit move is the main cause of the change in the work practice as the European Union was not part of the United Kingdom. This affected in the import and export of the business organisation. As the company was not able to take its products outside the United Kingdom. The increase in the taxes for the export made realised that there is need of the change in the various structure and policies for the company. Also, the change in the dynamic trend can bring the change in the work practice for the Marks and Spencer.(Sundin. and Brown, 2017). Due to this the change which need t practice by the organisation can be the change in its operations and creating the exclusive designs of the apparels as per the requirement of the customers. It is important for the organisation to adapt to the change which is due to the technology and development across the world. The other causes can be the innovation and development in the digitalisation. It is necessary for the Marks and Spencer to have the new latest technology in its work practice in order to be effective in the per5formnce of the produce activity of the products within the organisation.(Campbell, Draper,. and Huffington, , 2018).
Kurt Lewin's change model
This is the model which is used by the business organisation which defines the importance of the change which is necessary and leads into the success of the business organisation. This model explained the different stages which are discussed below
- Unfreezing- This is the first step which involves preparing the business enterprise to accept the change which is important for the growth and development. This involves the breaking down of the existing status before building up the new way within the business organisation. There are various things which need to be kept in mind such as determining the need of the change in the work practice which shows up in a positive way.(Vargas-Hernández, Jiménez, . and Campos, 2017).
- Changing- This is the stage where the organisation need to focus on the various aspect of the change which is required within the business organisation. . This is when the change becomes real. It's also, consequently, the time that most people battle with the new reality. It is a time marked with uncertainty and fear, making it the hardest step to overcome. During the changing step people begin to learn the new behaviours, processes and ways of reasoning.(De Sousa Sabbagha, , Ledimo, and Martins, 2018).
- Refreezing- This is the stage where the busi4ens organisation focus on refreezing which means reinforcing the various strategies of the business organisation. The change which is been practice involves the various perspectives from the customers point of view.
Response to the change
As the change which is observed within the Marks and Spence3r in the work practice of the organisation. There can be the change related to the busie4nss practice of the impost and export due to the Brexit. This change was so difficult to manage for the organisation. (Lagan, , 2021).
Response of the organisation – The change in the work practice is important for the organisation as in order to develop the business organisation. The organisation was not ready before for the Brexit move which made difficult to the organisation as the export duty affected a lot. As the organisation is not prepared for it But it also allowed the free trade for the organisation in the United Kingdom. This impacted in the work practice of the business organisation in developing the products and there was increase in the taxes which also increase in the prices and this impacted the sales of the organisation(McCormick,. and Donohue, 2019)
Response of an individual- The change in the work practice of the business organisation where the prices were tend to increase of the products of the Marks and Spencer lead down the customers as an individual. As the pandemic and the various other factors impacted in the decrease in the demand of the premium priced products and services. As there is change in the work practice which is been practices by the organisation related to its operation department and the process of the production. As if the organisation aims to have a positive change in the organisation the employees will feel like to perform better so that they can achieve the success and this will impact in the high productivity of the production and this will increase in the sales which will lead to profit of the business organisation(Skinner, and Stewart, 2017).
Different strategies which can be implemented by the business organisation
As the change in the work practice is important for the business organisation it is very essential for the company to adopt t different strategies which can benefit the organisation it can further assist in the success of the Marks and Spencer. The strategies can be related to the improvement in the production process or employee motivation. It is very important for the organisation to consider the various motivation practice which can lead to the success of the Marks and Spencer. It is very important for the managers to make the various practice so that the employees know the importance of the change which need to be bring in the work practice. (Nguyen, 2020)
This is defined as the collection of the values, beliefs, expectations and practices which guide and inform the actions of all the team members. It is very important for the business organisations to keep a healthy culture in order to motivate its employees. The culture plays a vital role in the change of the work practice and various activities. The change in work practice plays a major role directly which the culture and it is important to change the environment and culture of the organisation. The culture is directly proportional to the behaviour of the employees and their performance. As due to the change in the work practice there are various factors which get affected. As some of the employees will be there where they can easily adapt to the change whereas some of them will take time to understand the perspective. It is very important for the Marks and Spencer that it keeps the culture in such a way that it is able to motivate its employees(Alderman, 2021).
It is also observed that due to the change there is rise in the conflicts of the employees and there is lot of stress because of the work pressure which need to be controlled by the management. It is very important for the organisation to have a employee motivation programs and make them understand the importance of the different work practice within the organisation. Also it is i8mpoirtant to reduce the pressure so that it does not affect in the productivity of the employees of the organisation(Shaw, 2018).
The culture play the role in influencing the employees as the change is necessary for the organisation and its success and development. The change which is observed in the which practice due to the dynamic change in the
Influence on the stakeholders
The stakeholders are the most important for the organisation. They can be they investors, employees, customers trade associations who ever is interested in the business organisation. It is very essential for the Marks and Spencer that their stakeholders are happy with the change which being practice within the workplace. It is very essential that the change can not afect the employees in their personal life. This is an important aspect that the manager need to focus on the influence on the stakeholder of the organisation.(You, Dunt, and Doyle, 2017)
There are many people whose influence, control and opinion could determine the total success of the business transformation. Managing their perspective with the evolving business wants is critical to ensuring a smooth path forward. These key individuals can be the eventual result of the company. A stakeholder Is a person or entity that has an business or project just as :
Investors - these are the bodies which invest funds in the business in order to improve the working with in the company. By the modification or changes in the management influence them In both ways but after pandemic the business . it is essential to adapt a changes with in the company so that they can in crease their productivity in an effective way. It influence the funder to invest a huge amount in the business so that they can adapt a new technology or attract more consumers. The rise in the prices of the products and change in te methodology can bring the change in the minds of the investor. Also the investor will think twice before investing in the business organisation.(Howe, 2017).
Creditors - these individual lends money to the company and may or may not have a save interest in the enterprise inventory. Under which they can be paid back from the sale of those inventory. Individuals are rated in front of these personality to paid in the functions of a business winding up. It includes provides, and banks. It is compulsory to implement a change management in the company to adapt a modification. Creditors are assets for the company.
Employees - these stakeholders their constant occupation is leads to continuous success of the company attainment of the company. If it reduces they may at most be paid severance, but will lose all other continuing in come streams from the industry. For M&S it is important to adapt a modification in a effective way. So that they can be more effective and competitive in the retail marketing. The change in the work practice have highly influence over the employees. As this directly impacts on the productivity of the employees and it is necessary that the employees should be able to understand the perspective of the change and how they need to work in order to achieve the goals of the organisation. ss
Providers - these are the person who provides the goods and supply chain management these individual are the concern parties who participate in the company and play an important role in the business entity. The considered company M&S is they should adapt a change rapidly and quickly so that they can have a effective running activity in the business enterprise. Although they must be execute the change so that the supplier can get influence in a positive way. (Alderman, 2021)s
From the above report it is concluded that the organisation behaviour is the study of the people and their attitude and behaviour within the organisation. It is very essential for the managers to maintain a healthy culture in order to motivate its employees. The change in the work practice is the important for the success of the business organisation. The change which the Marks and Spencer has brought after the Brexit move. The organisation need t bring change in the practices of the production and import of and export of the products. Also there are several reasons of the change within the organisation which can be due to the dynamic change in the current trends. It is important for the organisation to adopt the different strategies so that the employees are able to understand the change which needed to be adopted and this can make the working effective. The organisation culture plays the vital role in the change. As it is important for the organisation to keep the healthy culture and motivate employees. Are you worried about assignment writing service in the UK from expert writers at the best price? Contact our experts.
Organisational Behaviour of Marks and Spencer
- Pereira, V., Malik, A. and Froese, F.J., 2017. Mapping the impact of Asian business systems on HRM and organisational behaviour: Multi-level comparative perspectives. Journal of Asia Business Studies.
- Asthana, A.N., 2021. Organisational Citizenship Behaviour of MBA students: The role of mindfulness and resilience. The International Journal of Management Education, 19(3), p.100548.
- Yadav, P. and Punia, B.K., 2021. A Paradigm for Validating Organisational Citizenship Behaviour Scale in Indian Context. FIIB Business Review, p.23197145211051166.
- Zheng, W., and et.al., , 2017. Why do employees have counterproductive work behavior? The role of founder’s Machiavellianism and the corporate culture in China. Management Decision.
- Geramian, A., Abraham, A. and Ahmadi Nozari, M., 2019. Fuzzy logic-based FMEA robust design: a quantitative approach for robustness against groupthink in group/team decision-making. International Journal of Production Research, 57(5), pp.1331-1344.
- Wong, Y.W. and Wong, Y.T., 2017. The effects of perceived organisational support and affective commitment on turnover intention: a test of two competing models. Journal of Chinese Human Resource Management.
- Sundin, H. and Brown, D.A., 2017. Greening the black box: integrating the environment and management control systems. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal.
- Campbell, D., Draper, R. and Huffington, C., 2018. A systemic approach to consultation. Routledge.
- Vargas-Hernández, J.G., Jiménez, R.A. and Campos, P.C., 2017. Resilience as a factor for effective organisational development. International Journal of Sustainable Strategic Management, 5(4), pp.268-274.
- De Sousa Sabbagha, M., Ledimo, O. and Martins, N., 2018. Predicting staff retention from employee motivation and job satisfaction. Journal of Psychology in Africa, 28(2), pp.136-1Lee, J.W., 2021. Diffusion of innovations. In Encyclopedia of Sport Management (pp. 137-138). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lagan, A., 2021. How do we create risks to our personal and organisational reputations?. Governance Directions, 73(4), pp.169-172.
- McCormick, L. and Donohue, R., 2019. Antecedents of affective and normative commitment of organisational volunteers. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 30(18), pp.2581-2604.