You are a senior marketing consultant at Brake Bros Ltd. A company that wants to start a business in a suitable country with a new product or service has just commissioned you. The issue is that; they do not know the kind of product or service to offer within the country you will be recommending. Your task is to build a report on their behalf answering the following questions:
- Suggest a product or service and a country and provide a macro-environmental analysis (PESTEL) Evaluate the possible opportunities as well as threats your client could face within the market of your recommended country and provide possible solutions.
- Elaborate on three modes of market entry that could be suitable to your client. Out of the three options, make a recommendation of the most appropriate one.
- Implement the concepts of market segmentation and targeting and critically evaluate the potential target market of your client.
- Applying Porter’s generic strategy, evaluate how your client could achieve a competitive advantage by adopting one of the generic strategies in the recommended market.
This is a country-specific analysis of all the factors. Cover the major opportunities and threats that the company could face in your chosen country with possible solutions to such threats.
Explain the main market entry modes including but not restricted to Strategic Alliances, Mergers and Acquisitions, FDIs etc. Then choose one option you deem to be most suitable.
Explain the meaning of Market segmentation and Targeting in general terms and show how your client could target its customers effectively. Explain the potential target customers with justification.
Porter's generic strategy
Evaluate Porter’s generic strategies. Choose one of the generic strategies and critically analyse why it will be the best-suited strategy within the chosen market compared to the other generic strategies.
- LO1 Understand how to analyse an organisation’s current and future internal and external environment.
- LO2 Develop a strategic marketing plan to realise organisational objectives.
- LO3 Manage resources to deliver the strategic marketing plan.