- Determine an understanding of the opportunities, challenges and impact of the digital environment.
- Evaluate key digital tools, platforms and channels, comparing and contrasting bricks and mortar and other physical channels.
- Discuss how to organise digital marketing activities and build multi-channel capabilities in an organisation.
- Analyse methods of monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectively
LO1 Determine an understanding of the opportunities, challenges and impact of the digital environment
The digital environment:
- Determine what we mean by digital marketing providing an overview of the digital landscape.
- The contrast between online and offline marketing concepts.
- Discuss the key benefits of digital marketing.
Opportunities of digital marketing:
- The main existence of customer insight and understanding in developing effective digital marketing activities.
- Growth of online consumer power.
Challenges and impacts of digital marketing:
- The transfer from brands and suppliers to customers and their experience of the brand.
- The influence of negative publicity and meeting customer expectations in the digital age.
- Evaluate the tracking and monitoring the multitude of different devices used by customers.
- The main competition in the environment and rising above the ‘noise’.
- The rise of ‘micro-moments’ and their impact on business.
LO2 Evaluate key digital tools, platforms and channels, comparing and contrasting bricks and mortar and other physical channels
Digital tools, platforms and channels:
- The usage of digital platforms and the internet for revenue generation.
- The main work of digital marketing communications in relation to the 7Ps.
- Contrast among different types of digital tools and digital hardware to support and enhance marketing.
- Consumer life-cycle stages of digital adoption.
- The rise of online transactions and e-commerce.
- The main work of different automated and non-automated sales and support activities.
LO3 Discuss how to organize digital marketing activities and build multi-channel capabilities in an organisation
Digital marketing activities:
- The digital hardware landscape opportunities and challenges and the development of multi-channel platforms and online interchanges.
- Planning of Digital marketing campaigns.
- The usage of omnichannel marketing allows the consistency of the consumer experience in every aspect.
LO4 Analysemethods of monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectively
Monitoring and measuring techniques:
- Measurable metrics, digital campaigns measurement using KPIs, and use of analytics platforms.
- Methods used for measuring digital campaigns.
- Measures of performance used online metrics.
- Measures of populations.
- LO 1 Determine an understanding of the opportunities, challenges and impact of the digital environment.
- LO 2 Evaluate key digital tools, platforms and channels, comparing and contrasting bricks and mortar and other physical channels.
- LO 3 Discuss how to organise digital marketing activities and build multi-channel capabilities in an organisation
- LO 4 Analyse methods of monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectively
Case Scenario covering LO1, LO2, LO3 & LO4
You have been currently appointed as “Digital Marketing Consultant” for Amazon.
The marketing director of the organisation has informed you in the first meeting that the organisation always relies on traditional marketing strategies such as advertising in local and national newspapers, editorials in specialist magazines and advertising campaigns through FM radio. It has been by him noticed by him that the marketing strategies have shifted from traditional to digital due to paradigm shift, there are no expected results of the old strategies which is causing decline in sales every year.
He has given this task to you to design a comprehensive digital marketing campaign for them as hewants to have digital marketing presence of the organisation besides traditional.
The campaign should include servicing multiple devices, the use of marketing metrics for specific channel traffic, linking of analytics across the different channels to measure and evaluate success, and how to recognise customers with personalisation of their experiences using marketing analytics.
Prepare a report to Board of Directors of Amazon and should cover the following:
Part 1: An overview of digital & traditional marketing:
- A brief introduction of the digital marketing and comparison of online and offline marketing concepts and analyse the factors that contributing digital marketing growth.
- Evaluate the challenges the chosen organisation might have to face while switching to digital marketing.
- Examine and briefly evaluate the key digital tools & platforms available to marketers as compare to physical channels.
- Asses & briefly evaluate the digital marketing landscape and the impact of the growth of e-commerce.
- An analysis of how and why omni-channel marketing has developed.
Part 2: Digital Marketing Plan:
- Prepare a coherent and logical digital marketing strategy and determine its implications. Generate an actionable measurement framework that can be applied in context of chosen organisation.
- Designing and implementing a digital marketing campaign for the organisation using multi-channel capabilities and applying tools and techniques to plan an end-to-end omni-channel marketing campaign.
- Analysis of Amazon's multi-channel capabilities to be used, and how they will optimise consumer engagement and return on investment (ROI).
- Customised and personalised products and services with use of data to inform and develop.
- Briefly analyse the actions which are to be implemented to enhance effectiveness of digital marketing using performance metrics.