- Identify the functions of marketing and its interrelation with another functional aspect of a TUI.
- Explain elements of the marketing mix (7Ps) to achieve the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Produce a basic marketing plan to achieve marketing goals for a travel and tourism organisation.
Part 1 – Individual presentation
Students are required to make presentation slides by using bullets points, sub sections and using appropriate Harvard reference style.
(I) Management report
This is a management report and should be written in a concise, formal business style. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate, and all work must be supported by using the Harvard referencing system.
1. Strategic marketing plan
This submission is made in the form of a strategic marketing plan. This should be written in a concise, formal business style.
Overall Scenario and Activity:
Joining the TUI Retail Marketing team
TUI is the world's leading group of tourism. It has 1,600 travels agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with 150 aircraft, having 380 hotels and 17 cruise liners which provides holidays destinations all around the world.
TUI is the largest tour operating organisation in the UK and TUI airways is the third largest with 62 aircraft operates in 88 destinations in almost 30 countries. There are 10.000 employees who are serving their services over 5.5 million of customers each year.
This is best opportunity for a marketing manager to join the TUI Retail Marketing team, manage and control the 580 stores globally. You are required to challenge of driving the retail marketing campaigns supporting the TUI, First Choice and Marella brands in store as well as our 3rd party commitments.
You are applying for the role of marketing manager in a TUI Retail Marketing Team and required to make oral presentation to analyse the key factors of marketing function and how interconnected with other departmental units within TUI.
Prepare a presentation on ‘The role of marketing and how it interrelates with other functional areas of TUI’
It should cover:
- An introduction to the concept of marketing and the marketing process
- An overview of the power and function of the marketing function
- A detailed knowledge on how roles and responsibilities of marketing connect to the TUI.
- An evaluation of how marketing affects and interrelates with other functional departments of TUI.
- An analysis of the significance of the marketing role in reference to TUI
- A detailed analysis and evaluation of the significance of effective interrelationships between the marketing function and the different functional departments of TUI.
As a Marketing Manager for the TUI Retail Marketing team you need to prepare a management report.
(i) Prepare a management report dealing with 7Ps of marketing mix helps o achieve the organisational objectives.
- Comparison between different tour operators such as TUI, British Airways Holidays, Virgin Holidays, Jet2holidays, Hays Travel, On the Beach, and Expedia and use the marketing mix to the marketing planning process to achieve specific business objectives
- An analysation of different tactics applied by tour operators such as TUI, Virgin Holidays, Jet2holidays, Hays Travel, On the Beach, and Expedia to explain how specific business objectives can be achieved (ii) In addition, develop a evidence-based strategic marketing plan for the TUI Retail or TUI UK business that tactically and use 7Ps of marketing mix to sustain growth of the TUI group.
Read Also: Marketing Management - IKEA