This sample will guide you through:
- Introduction to Computer Networking
- Elaborating LAN Designing
Introduction to Computer Networking
Technology performs a crucial operation in field of networking, it seems essential to correspond and transmit data and resources between ranges of sites within moments. Computer Networking is a structural design, through which sharing of data and information is carried out between systems at far places. Data is altered, intended at and progressed all the way through different networking devices along the system (Beasley, n.d).
This is carried out through devices like repeaters, modems, switches and servers. Inter-connection is a phase termed as where two or more computers share information between each other. A variety of rules are being followed in data sharing which are termed as Protocols. The most extensively used protocol is TCP/IP (Mitchell, 2013). In the current report focus will be examining a LAN design and methods to put into execution in organization named Beta Communication Ltd for resource and information sharing.
TASK 1 ANALYSIS OF LAN
Analyzing Prerequisite of System for Network. Advantages and Influence of Network in an Association
The major requirements of system for this network will be computer system for every branch, web servers, and application server and switches and routers and other network elements with assistance of which network inter-connection will be functioned between all the three buildings of Beta Communication Ltd. An Intranet of Beta Communication Ltd will come in existence for resource sharing (Zack, 2010).
Types of Topologies and Suggested Topology for Network Design
In network design, a topology is the delineative portrayal of network appointments surrounding its concerning outlines and nodes. The three major kinds of network topologies are stated as follows: -
- Bus Topology: - In Bus topology every system or workstation is affixed to a central line termed as the bus. Therefore in this manner, each computer is straight inter-linked with its aligned system in the network (Network Topology and Types of Network Topologies, 2013).
- Star Topology: - In such kind of topology every workstation is straightforwardly coupled with central system or server. In this technique every workstation is attached in a roundabout way with others through central server. If the central system gets affected the data sharing is not possible. (Johson and et.al., 2007).
- Ring Topology: - In Ring Topology, each computer system is joined with each other in a packed loop like arrangement both the workstations which are adjoining to each one are associated directly. Rest are attached by an indirect means and resources and data flows by transitional nodes (Bizmanualz, 2008).
DEVISING A LAN
The hardware and software component which will be required to create network infrastructure at client end are shared as follows:-
- Systems: - Computer systems are the most essential equipment which will be necessary for transacting among network.
- Network Interface: - The host as well as the client has the necessity to share attuned network interface with an approach to communicate through a client-server network. A network interface also stated as Network Adapter includes hardware and software which permits the interface to correspond along substantial network, and the operating system to converse by the interface. These constitutes of the interface hardware which can be USB, Serial Mechanism, PCMIA Card, and the firmware which allows functioning of the card and drivers of the operating system to correspond with the appliance (Bensliman, 2011).
- Software for Communication: - It includes various software necessary for communication like browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Outlook.
- Firewall: - It is incorporated in the operating system which protects the system for any external network intrusion. This piece of application could be installed separately within the system.
- Modems: - It is termed as Modulator and Demodulator and assists at client end to modulate an analog carrier sign to determine digital values, it also functions to demodulate any carrier signal to translate the broadcasted data for an instance consider a system communing with an additional computer through a network (Perez and et.al., 2005).
Implementation of LAN
The analyst has made use of Cisco Packet Tracer to propose network simulation. A packet tracer is software from Cisco Router simulator which is employed in guidance investigation and learning of simulation of a network. This means is crafted by Cisco and its accessible without any charges.
The crafted network architecture in the current state proves to be equipped with any sort of technical requirements of all the three premises. All the tests which have been carried out generate facts which validate the network. Apart from this, the network holds requirements for advancement that may be vital in future (Brennan and et.al., 2005).
The network is bendable enough to have room for future necessities. Although, it is suggested that the crafted network in near future must be competent to integrate the attribute of cloud computing also as this will prove to be a precondition in the future (Kulmala and Rauva, 2005).
In the description made above about networking and architecture of network, different kinds of network topology have been elaborated. It also provides influences of having a network within an organization and its positive impact. A detail has also been included on network protocols and various hardware and software components which assist in composition of a network.
A conceptual design has been created to design the network architecture for Beta Communication Ltd entailing all the requirements for the three premises which will be inter-connected. The report also lays a significance on future changes in field of networking and the amendments which could be proposes for the designed network (Byrnes, P., 2000).
- Kulmala, I.H. and Rauva, U.E., 2005. Network as a business environment: experiences from software industry. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal. 10(3) pp.169-178.
- Shao, K. and Maher, P., 2012. Making advanced computer science topics more accessible through interactive technologies. Interactive Technology and Smart Education. 9(2).pp.89 – 99.
- Perez, P.M. and et.al., 2005. The synergism of teleworking and information and communication technologies. Journal of Enterprise Information Management. 18(1). pp.95 –112.
- Madon, S. and Sahay, S., 2001. Cities in the developing world: Linking global and local networks. Information Technology & People. 14(3) pp.273-286.
- Zhu, Z and et.al., 2004. Information network technology in the banking industry. Industrial Management & Data Systems. 104(5). pp.409 – 417.