This sample you will be knowing about:
- Evaluate the effects of current trends and developments on the tour operators' sectors.
- Discuss about the different stages that involve the working of travel and tours company.
- Discuss the strategic decisions made by types of tour operators in the context of Pricing Strategies, Positioning and image/branding,
Tour operation management is an important constituent of the tourism industry. Tour operators manage the tour for those persons who want to travel for their holidays. In this chosen report, LCB tours are taken and it is located In Malaysia. It plans the tour in various destinations like- Vietnam, Korea, Japan, China, etc. The aim of this report is to ensure and understand the effects of current and recent trends and developments on the tour operation sector of the travel and tourism industry. This assignment covers the following topics such as understanding the tour operators' industry within travel and tourism, understanding the stages involved in creating holidays, brochures, and methods of distribution used to sell holidays and understanding strategic and tactical decision-making for tour operators.
1.1 Planning decisions are taken for the design of a brochure
Brochure is needed to aware to persons about the products and services of an organisation. It is like a small book or magazine containing pictures and information about a goods and services of a company (Dhiman, M. C., 2012.). Tours operators can makes its brochure by analysing the followings things like:
Difference between the holiday brochures of two different tour operators:
They can make Magnolia lookbook brochure and it has cost around $20.Number of copies can be 10000 and they can distribute it at shopping malls. It's print- ready and comes with its own set of icons.
They can make minimalist brochure and it has price around around $36. Number of copies can be 9000 and they can distribute it to restaurant and hotels. Print can be coloured.
LCB Tours can make two fold brochure and it has 20 pages.
Titan travel can make three fold brochure and it has 25 pages.
Target market & Budget
Target market can be youngsters and old age people. Budget can be $190000.
Target market can be age group of 18-45 years old people. Budget can be
Style of font can be Gentium Basic and font size can be 14.
Style of font can be Mallige and font size can be 15.
Timescale and stages of production
They should launch it at the month of November so in Christmas time persons can enjoy their weekends. At time time demand is high because of weekends and New year. They can print it from those printers who take order in bulk so that LCB Tours can take advantage of discount.
They can launch it at the month of February so in Easter , person can enjoy its holidays. It is a big festival which is celebrated on 2 April. It also can give order to those printers who print in bulk so it can get benefit of discount.
Analysis of shortcomings:
LCB Tours spent around $190000 on brochures which is so high. It can minimise the cost by reducing the number of pages from 20 to 15 so cost will be incurred less. It should use icons on pages of brochures of its tour company because of its attractive look and design. Titan travel is spending around $322000 on brochures which is very high as compare to LCB Tours. It can minimise the cost by reducing the number of pages from 25 to 16 and make it two fold brochure from three fold. So it helps to minimise the overall cost of production.Order assignment help from our experts!
1.2 Suitability of alternatives to a traditional brochure
Design of brochure can be change according to time, demand and technology. These are various types of brochure which are as follows:
E-Brochure is a electronic formate of brochure which can read in mobiles and computers. It can be used by UK outbound tour operators to aware the persons of other countries because of its easy accessibility.
There are many IPad and android applications which can be download from the play store . It can be also used by UK outbound tour operator to communicate the information about its brochure to large number of persons who lives outside the country.(Filby and Scarpaci, 2015).
Outdoor media (billboards, tube,)
Billboard advertising is a advertising tool which can be use by LCB Tours. Billboards are placed next to high- traffic highways as well as along less- travelled roads in non-urban areas. It is cost effective tool because every one can see it while the driving. It can be used by domestic tour operators to communicate its information to local persons of country about the holiday trip.
Internet is used by almost every person in the country. It is source of communication to aware large group of person around the world. It can be used by specialist tour operators who organise the holiday trip for specified persons across the world. So that more number of people can know about the trip.
Social media can be use by the LCB tours to communicate its brochure information to the large number of persons. Social media tools are- Facebook, snapchat, instagram, twitter etc. It can be used by inbound tour operators to communicate its brochure information to all persons who lives in United Kingdom.
Radio/ TV Advertising:
Radio and TV can be use to communicate its brochure information to those persons who want to listen radio and watch TV. Specialist tour operators can use it to communicate its brochure information for the particular persons. Are you worried about online HND Assignment Help at the best price? Contact our experts.
Press (newspapers, magazines)
Newspaper and magazines can be used by domestic tour operators to communicate its brochure information to those persons who like to read.
Travel fairs (WTM)
World trade market is a event which is organised in United Kingdom for the global travel industry. It can be used by the Inbound tour operators to aware the large number of persons in the country.
LCB Tours wants to develop a holiday trip outside their country so it is a type of UK outbound tour operators because it wants to a make trip to another country. They can use internet to communicate its brochure information about holiday plan. .
1.3 Evaluate the suitability of different methods of distribution used to sell a holiday for different types of tour operator
- Direct Distribution: Direct distribution means to sell the product directly to the market without using any third party (Su, and et. al., 2014). Domestic tour operators can direct distribution method to communicate its brochure information.
- Two level Distribution: Two level distribution are the distribution through wholesalers and the retailers. Lcb tours, used this method so that they use to sell their services through agents and the operators. It is suitable for the inbound tour operators to aware the persons in its country.
- Through social network website: Social networking website is the online platform which designed to create a public profile and to communicate with the people. Lcb tours, use this methods to sell the product and services so that more number of customers get to know about it. It is also suitable for the inbound tour operators to aware the persons in its country about its holiday trip.
- Government website: A government website is a type of website which is used to create and design for the regional, local and national government so that the information should be communicated, roles and responsibilities, and the other vital information for the operation. It is suitable for the UK outbound tour operators to inform other persons outside their country about its holiday plan.
- Online travel agencies: Online Travel Agencies is an online platform which is engaged to sale the travel products to the consumers (Nakayama and Bucks, 2012). It is suitable for the UK outbound tour operators to communicate its brochure information to those persons who want to trip abroad.
- Visitor information centre: Visitors information centre is the centre where the visitors provide the information about the location. This section helps in determining the proper location and provide options to visitors for best visiting destinations. It is suitable for the Specialist tour operators who organise the trip for specific or particular persons.
- Review sites: Review sites is the websites where the reviews of product, businesses, services or people are posted. The sites provides helps in better management and control. It is suitable for the inbound tour operators so persons can know more about the travel company.
- Voucher sites: These sites are formed to assist tourist and helps to consolidate the financial changes with various solutions and aspects. It is suitable for the domestic tour operators so that they can help persons and also provide more information to them about holiday trip.
- Concierge services: This helps to provide facilities to tourist for better facility and changes regarding issues and conflicts. Protecting interest of tourist is the main motive of these organisations. It is suitable for the specialist tour operators so that they can provide better services in holiday trip to the specific persons.Get Academic Writing Services from our experts!
2.1 Evaluate the strategic decisions made by different types of tour operator.
Strategic decisions which determines the direction upon which an business will begin. The different strategic decisions are as follows:
- Pricing Strategies: Pricing strategy is a method which is generally used by the industry to price their services and products. Pricing strategy of UK outbound tour operators is to reduce its cost so that profit margin can be increase. They can use mark down pricing strategy. It is that pricing strategy which requires tour and activity providers to mark down their prices in order to remain competitive the market and to entice customers to book because of desirable price.
- Surcharge policy: Surcharge means a charge which is included to the cost of services and goods. It can be used by UK outbound tour provider to charge surcharge amount of money due to the high price of local transportation in other country where the tour will organise.
- Positioning and image/branding: Positioning means claiming a position in a existing market for the business products or services. Branding is a personality of the particular product of a company. It is suitable for inbound tour operators to maintain its good brand image of its tour company so that more number of persons can attract towards that tour and travel organisation.
- Choice of product in relation to customer portfolio: Customer portfolio is the structure of customers who buy their services and products. Specialist tour operators can provide the services to their specific tourist according to their wants because they organise the trip for specific persons.
- Distribution decisions: Distribution decision is the decision which is related to the company's overall strategic vision and mission (Manwa and Manwa, 2014). It is suitable for the domestic tour operators to make effective distribution decisions according to the needs of tourists. So that they can attract towards them.Get Assignment Examples.Talk to our Experts!
2.2 Compare the tactical decisions (two examples) that could be taken by a selected tour operator in different situations.
Tactical decision is the decision which is related to implement the strategic decision. This decision is taken by middle- level management. The different tactical decision which is taken by the Lcb tours are as follows:
Tactical pricing is a short term price fluctuation which is aimed at upsetting the competition from the market (Meng, Turk and Altintas, 2012).
Tactical marketing is the actions which is taken by the company's in order to market a product.
At the time of inflation, Lcb tour operators use different price tactics such as increase the price of tickets and hotels booking, do the price skimming and so on for their customers.
At the time inflation, the different tactical marketing used by the Lcb tours operators are doing more advertisements of their services, promote the product more and more which helps them to grow the sales and revenues of their business.
At the time of deflation, the different tactical pricing is used by the Lcb tours operators provides discounts on the packages of tours, do odd value pricing for their customers.
At the time of deflation, the Lcb tours operator's use different market tactics such as promotional budgeting, make good public relation.
As from the above report, it has been concluded that for a tour and travel industry it is necessary to develop a effective holiday plan is very important. Team coordinator of LCB Tours wants to prepare a holiday plan and for that its analyse the current and recent market trends for tour operations industry. It also evaluates different methods of contracting for holiday trip, strategies of tour operator and design of brochures to aware the large number of persons. These all things provide help in developing a holiday plan.
Read more - Impact of Tsunami on Tourism Destinations