Marketing fundamental is the function wherein company analyses the budget and current position in the market. In this report, organization focuses on the internal and external environment which affects the activities at the work place. Under this report, there are various aspects of the marketing fundamental will be studied in the context Uber. The present report covers, company faces many challenges due to some reason and manager adopts the marketing mix for promoting the products and services in the market. Company focuses on the extended marketing mix under which manager effectively uses the these factor. There are various ways for attaining the marketing objectives and increasing the market share as well.
Manager of the Uber requires to analyses of the internal and external environment under which includes the PESTLE and Porter five force models. It helps manager to identify the current position in the market and they produces the products and services accordingly that are explained below:
- Political factor- The government regulates the some policies which includes the tax polices etc wherein company follows the tax policy (Lusch and Vargo, 2014). Employees of the Uber pays the amount of the tax which helps government to develops the economy. In this way, if the government increasing the tax which directly impacts on the activities of the organization and purchasing power of the customers. Company increases the products prices and customer not able to easily purchases the goods and services is provided by the firm.
- Economical factor- In this factor includes the GDP, interest rate, inflation and recession under which if the changes in all these factor is directly affected the business activities (Strauss, 2016). In this way, good economy condition in the market under which organization easily provides the products and services to their customers and consumer easily purchases the goods which is given by the firm.
- Social factor- Organization requires to produces the products and services as per the customers needs and preferences. In this way, it includes the values, assumption, beliefs of the customers towards the products. Company focuses on the welfare of the society under which they provides the job opportunity to their individual which helps manager to easily manage their work and attain the goals and objectives.
- Technological factor- Company adopts the advance technology which helps employees to easily deliver the goods and services to their customers on time and attain the satisfaction level of the customers. As per this , company increases the market share and maintains the overall productivity as well (Burnett, 2015).
- Environmental factor- Uber provides the taxi facility to their customers under which they harm in environment. In this way, company requires to uses the bio fuel which helps to maintains the work environment at the work place and maintains the relation with the customers.
- Legal factor- Company requires to follows the rules and regulatory frameworks which helps to reducing the unfair practice at the work place and employees behave in ideal manner.
Porter five forces
- New entrants- The entry of the company is the low because organization is the technology field and organization faces various issues so they new firm not able to take the risk in this industry.
- Threat of the substitutions- Uber company have the strong competitors like ola etc under which the treat of the substitutions is the moderate (Seyedhosseini, Fahimi and Badkoobehi, 2015).
- Threat of the suppliers- The threat of the suppliers is the moderate because various company provides the this type of the services.
- Threat of the buyers- The buyers purchasing power is high because consumer prepare the taxi under which if the company not able to provides the best services to them (PORTER'S 5 FORCES OF COMPETITION ANALYSIS ,2015 ). In this situation, consumer shifted on other brand which provides the best services at the reasonable price.
- Threat of the rivalry- There are various competitors of the company so that the rivalry is the high under which organization requires to provides the best services to their customers.
There are various internal and external challenges which is faced by the Uber wherein government has banned in the various cities in the country. Accordingly, organization not able to expand their business and decline the sales turn over and decreases the overall productivity as well. On the other hand, organization not able to appoints the black taxi driver and several strikes faced by the company (Huang and Sarigöllü, 2014). In this way, the Uber faces the legal issues which is the taken by the UK government under which they fails into provides the minimum wages to their employees. Accordingly, workers decreases the motivation level towards the services and job so that they not able to deliver the best services to their customers. Company decreases the overall productivity and declining the sales turn over. Apart from this, organization faces the the various law suits under which driver raping the passenger. It negatively negatively affects the image of the organization and passenger are dissatisfied his services is provided by the employees of the firm.
In order to Uber position in the market and in front of the competitors under which organization provides the various services to their customers (Liu, Chen and Balachander, 2016). In this context, company adopts the advance technology which helps employees to deliver the best services to them on time to time. Manager of the organization able to meet the demand of the customers and attain the goals and objectives of the firm. It affects performance of the organization because client and passenger are satisfied his services is provided by the employees. As per this, company increases the market share in same industry and maximizing the profit of the firm. On the other hand, corporation provides the training and development to their employees which helps to enhancing their performance and improving their knowledge. It helps workers to provides the best services and easily attain the goals and objective of the firm as well (PORTER'S 5 FORCES OF COMPETITION ANALYSIS ,2015 ). It helps company to maintains the brand image in the market or in front of the customers which will increase the profit. Moreover, organization follows the rules and regulatory frameworks which manager to maintain the work environment and reducing the unfair practices. It also helps employees to behave in ideal manner and perform in well under which manager easily maintains the day to day work and develops the good relation with the customers. It positively affects performance of the corporation because employees deliver the best services to their customers which creates the satisfaction towards the services (Mintz and Currim, 2013). Accordingly, company increases the overall productivity and maximizing the profit margin.
In order to set the objective of the company under which set the marketing objectives. Manager of the Uber set the organization wherein employees works for attaining the goals and objectives as well. In this way, corporation increases the sales by the 25% and gain the market share by 30 %. Moreover, management of the Uber fulfils the marketing objective till the end of year which helps employees easily attain the goals and objectives of the market (Bryman, 2008). Organization provides the training and development to their employees for accomplishing the marketing objectives. It affects performance of the company because workers easily attain the objectives of the marketing which helps to increasing the overall productivity of the firm. Apart from this, employees of the company effectively communicate with the customers which develops the good relation with the customers as well.
In order to evaluate the marketing mix of the Uber under which they easily promotes products and services is the market and attain the goals and objectives of the firm that are explained below:
Product- Company focuses on the product which is provided to the customers under which they provides the wide range of the option and services to them (Crouch and Housden, 2012). In this way, company provides the various services at the reasonable process which helps buyers to attracts towards the services.
Price- The Uner company adopts the automatically pricing strategy under which includes the high demand in the market and low supply. In this way, they provides the various offers and services and they charge as per the demand which helps customers to attracts towards the offer. It helps company to increasing the number of customers and maximizing the profit.
Place- Company focuses on the available of the products at the store under which they are available at the application. Consumer download the application which is provided by the company at the App store, play store and google etc (Gök and Hacioglu, 2010).
Promotion- Company adopts the strong promotional techniques under which they advertises in the news paper, banner advertising and social media etc. It helps customer to easily see the services and purchases it which helps company to increasing the visibility of the products and maintains the overall productivity.
Recommendation – Company requires to provides the training and development to their employees which helps workers to enhancing their performance and improving the knowledge which is required at the work place. Accordingly they are able to attain the goals and objectives of the company as well as marketing objectives (Harrison and Reilly, 2011).
In order to select the one element of the extended marketing mix like people is the important part of the Uber. In this way, company provides the services through the driver under which they render the taxi facility to their passenger. Manager of the organization not able to appoints the taxi drive under which do not fulfils the demand of the Customers (PORTER'S 5 FORCES OF COMPETITION ANALYSIS ,2015). It negatively affects performance of the company and declining the sales margin of the firm. On the other hand, people like drive manage the all activities of the firm under which they also pay the amount of of the petrol and deliver the best service to their customers. As per this, they provides the 24*7 facility to their customers which helps consumer easily travel the one place to another. It positively affects the performance of the organization because passenger are satisfied his services is provides by the employees which helps corporation to increases the market share. However, company effectively uses the extended marketing mix and they are able to fulfils the demand of the customers and attain the goals and objectives of the firm (Das and Chowdhury, 2012).
Summing up the whole report, it can be concluded that, manager of the company to identify the current position in the market under which they uses the PESTLE model and porter five force. There are various internal and external challenges which is used by the Uber and the great position of the company in the market and in front of the competitors. Company set the market objectives and employees are able to attain the goals and objective of the firm. Manager uses the marketing mix which helps to selecting the price and promote the goods and services via social media and banner advertising. In this way, company uses the element of the extended marketing mix and manager improves the working process at the work place.
- Bryman, A., 2008. Of methods and methodology. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal.3 (2). 159 – 168.
- Burnett, J., 2015. Introducing Marketing. Campus Manitoba.
- Crouch, S. and Housden, M., 2012. Marketing research for managers. Routledge.
- Das, K. and Chowdhury, A. H., 2012. Designing a reverse logistics network for optimal collection, recovery and quality-based product-mix planning. International Journal of Production Economics, 135(1). pp.209-221.
- Gök, G. and Hacioglu, G., 2010. The organizational roles of marketing and marketing managers. Marketing Intelligence & Planning. 28(3). pp.291–309.
- Harrison, L. R. and Reilly, M. T., 2011. Mixed methods designs in marketing research. Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal.14(1). pp.7-26.
- Huang, R. and Sarigöllü, E., 2014. How brand awareness relates to market outcome, brand equity, and the marketing mix. In Fashion Branding and Consumer Behaviors(pp. 113-132). Springer New York.
- Liu, Y., Chen, H. and Balachander, S., 2016. The Effects of a Product's Aesthetic Design on Demand and Marketing Mix Effectiveness: The Role of Segment Prototypicality and Brand Consistency. Journal of Marketing.
- Lusch, R. F. and Vargo, S. L., 2014. The service-dominant logic of marketing: Dialog, debate, and directions. Routledge.