391 Downloads 13 Pages 3139 Words
Partnership refers to as a process under which individuals and group of peoples works together in order to achieve predetermined task. By use of partnership concept every business organisation can easily accomplish its determined objective within a specific time period(Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care. 2016). In health and social care organisation, there are lots of people such as social care worker, health experts, service providers etc (Stang and et.al., 2010). If those people adopt the concept of partnership than it become easy to render effective and quality services to patients and improve the quality of care services. In order to develop a successful partnership, multi disciplinary team working and collaboration approach is very essential. In this project report, Philosophies of working in partnership in health and social care and evaluation of partnership working has been addressed in this project report.In addition to this, various models of partnership and current legislation and organisational policies and practices for partnership has been also discussed in this project report.
A reputable assignment writing service
Health and social care organisation have major objective is to render effective and quality services to service users so as they can able to recover their health issues and disability. All professional should maintain healthy relationship and adopt collective working at workplace so as determined objective can achieve in easy manner (Health and social care integration. 2014). There are various kinds of philosophies of working in partnership through which health care professionals can enhance their efficiency of working as well as quality of care services. These philosophies are as follows-
- Empowerment- Empowerment means provide the power to take decision regarding working practices and activities. It is basically give to that person who do not have power to take decision (Youn and et.al., 2013). As per the analysis of this philosophy it has been founded that by providing this empowerment to the care partner, the problem solving capability and taking quick decision ability can be enhanced. In addition to this philosophy assist in reducing the dependency of car workers on their higher authority.
- Autonomy /Independence- With assistance of this philosophy at health and social care organisation, care partners can share their personal views, suggestions and problem with each other (Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care. 2016).. For instance, while working in a partnership, organisation gives freedom to acre provider to suggest valuable idea and opinion for improving the care services.
- Respect- In the partnership framework, giving respect is very essential for every partners. This philosophy assist in taking the right decision for improving the well being of service users. By providing effective respect, care partners can feel valuable for organisation and conflicts among them can overcome.
- Power sharing- This is very important philosophy by which care partners can share their roles and responsibility with each other. This will assist in understanding each individual partner responsibility toward organisation (Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care. 2016). Further, by use of this, they can solve various care issues and enhance the promptness of decision making related to working practices in health and social care organisation.
Working in partnership within health and social care organisation may beneficial for both services users as well as service providers. In this organisation have major objective is to render effective and quality care services to patients so as they can recover their health issues and disability. By use of this framework, service provider can get knowledge about the criteria of effective working at workplace. Further, they can develop new care services which bring improvement in existing care treatment (Ryan and et.al.,2012). In addition to this , healthy working environment and good relationship can developed by use of this framework in health and social care organisation. For example, Care UK and NHS organisation decided to work together in a partnership, then their health care professional care their personal knowledge and skill with each other yo improve the existing performance and care organisation or solve a specific health issue. By this concept they both organisation can improve their efficiency and improve the outcomes through this service users can highly beneficial. Care UK and NHS both organisation's care workers may beneficial by sharing their experience and increasing their knowledge about effective working in health and social care organisation. Along with this, partnership working will develop multidisciplinary team working environment at the workplace which assist in solving the complex issues and conflict in an effective manner. As per the above discussion it jhas been ascertained that working in partnership is beneficial for both service users as well as servioce providers.
There are various models of partnership across the health and social care sector. These are as follows-
Local health care area agreements- In this types of partnership in the health and social care, Care UK requires to take permission from the central government. By use of this model, organisation can able to improve its existing working and adopting a new criterion for delivering health and social care services to the community.
Local health care strategic partnership- Under this model of partnership care Uk can develop agreement with the other care organisation and agencies. This will assist in improving the existing health care services in a specific geographical location.
Unified model: This model of partnership assist health and social care organisation in overcome the expenses about integrated system, hiring intermediate care specialise, reduce waiting time etc. As per this model, only a single organisation consider for working in partnership. This organisation have its own financial system (Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care. 2016).
Coordinated model: As per this partnership model, Care UK and its partnership organisation can carry their activities and function by maintaining the coordination. These both organisation coordinate at the time of training, managing staff and deliver various care services to patients. The objective of this model is to develop the effective co-ordination between both organisation who are involved in the partnership (Reeves and et.al., 2011).
Coalition model: This partnership model use when two or more than organisation needs to fulfil an common objective. By this model, both organisation can operates separately its care services. Coalitions and partnership in community health is a step by step guide for building durable coalitions to improve community and public health (Youn and et.al., 2013).
In order to provide an effective care and security to service users and health and social care organisation by use of partnership concept, government has developed some legislation framework. These current legislations for partnership working in health and social care organisation are as follows-
- Community care act 1990- As per this cat of government, Social care departments were given the responsibility for community care for the older people. These services would be geared to what the older person needed rather than what was actually available.
- Health and social care act 2012- As per this act of partnership in health and social care organisation, It provides for the most extensive reorganisation of the structure of the national health services in England to date. It removed responsibility for the health of citizens from the secretary of state for health (Peppercorn and et.al., 2011).
- Care standard cat 2000- Care standard act 2000 is an act of the parliaments of the UK which provides for the administration of a variety of care institutions, including children, homes, independent hospitals, nursing homes, residential care homes etc. This act provide the management rules, develop health and safety standards for service providers in order to improve the quality of care services and their performance in the organisation.
- Care quality commission- This stated role is to make sure that health and social care organisation, care homes, dental and general practices and other care services provides people with safe, effective and high quality care and to encourage them to improve. It carries out this role through check its carries out during the registration processes all new care services must complete, inspections and monitoring of a range of data sources that can indicate problems with services (Purnell, 2012). In other world it can be said that care quality commission act tried to meet the quality standards of the care services and provided a safe working environment to the other partnership care provider agencies.
Organisational practices and policies in Care UK- In health and social care organisation, policies and practices is very essential in order to maintain effective care services and manage the health care workers and professionals (O'Neill, Asgari and Dong, 2011). By use of this practices and polices, organisation can develop legal agreements, self imposed and professional working strategies, localised, domestic and federal policies. There are various policies and practices which can adopted by Care UK. These are as follows-
- Legal documents of health and social care organisation furnished by UK government. These policies has developed in order to provide better healthcare facilities to the serrvice users.
- Various plans of actions and procedure are included in this polices which are enforced by UK government. This assist in reducing the risk and harms in the health and social care organisation (Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care. 2016)..
In health and social care organisation, there tea various policies and practices which can affect the collaborating working between health care professionals. Government has developed various policies and practices of health and social care organisation through this it can render effective and quality services to patients. If in these policies and practices have difference then it may arise several issues which can have a negative impact on working of partnership in health and social care organisation.
- Roles and responsibility- Difference in working practices and policies may affect collaborating working. If there have lack of understanding related to their roles and responsibility towards organisation often deals with negative consequences.
- Organisation structural differences- Difference in policies and practices between organisation may hindered the efficiency and effectiveness of delivering health and social care services to users (Munn-Giddings and Winter, 2013). Before establishing a partnership organisation sets their own organisation structure and goal. It is very important to develop a joint strategic planning in order to successfully work in a partnership. Organisation structure should be similar in order to allocate assignment among the service professionals.
- Communication- in order to develop an effective partnership in health and social care organisation, communication bis very important aspect (Peppercorn and et.al., 2011).. This will assist in understanding the information and message between health care professionals as well as service users. Improper communication system may arise the conflict between them as result productivity and service quality will decrease (Minkler and Wallerstein, 2011).
- Cultural differences- Working in partnership assist in developing healthy working environment at workplace because through this develops unity between varioouis traditional and ethical background people. It assists in reducing potential barriers which can arise during partnership.
Working in partnership in health and social organisation have major objective is to develop effective understanding and render the effective quality services to service users. There have significant impact of this partnership working on service users, health care professionals and organisation.
Positive outcomes for service professional by good partnership-
- Empowerment- By effective partnership in organisation, integrated care empowers individuals who lack ability to make decision on their own. With assistance of this partnership working, professions may beneficial in increasing the skill of decision making.
- Effective decision making- By use of partnership working in health and social care organisation, health professionals can improve their skill of decision making. They can able to take decision related to activities and function (McKeown, Malihi-Shoja and Downe, 2011).
- Improve quality of care services- In partnership, if various professional working togather then they share their skills, ability and knowledge. This will assist in improving the quality of care services.
Positive outcomes for service users by good partnership-
- Improve health- Service users may highly beneficial by this partnership concept in health and social care organisation. If all health professional adopt the criteria of collaboration then efficiency of their working and quality of services will increase. Through this service users healthy can improve in an effective manner (McSherry and Pearce, 2011).
- Healthy environment- Good partnership working increase the relationship between health care professionals and service users (Lowes and Hulatt, 2013). This will assist in improving the working environment at organisation. Through this service users can feel comfortable and free at workplace.
Positive outcomes for service users by good partnership-
- Improve productivity- Effective partnership working in health and social care organisation assist in improving the productivity. If more professional works to gather then their efficiency and criteria of working will increase and they will effectively achieve their task at workplace (Lunney, et.al., 2013).
- Improve image of organisation- In the organisation, if productivity and quality will increase then automatically new service users will attract towards organisation. So it can be said that effective partnership working increase the image of organisation in the market (Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care. 2016).
Working in partnership in health and social care organisation have complexities because of various barriers. Partners who are part of collaborative working often faces potential barriers and difficulties because of the difference in working policies, structure, practices and strategies (Minkler and Wallerstein, 2011). There have main reason of this difficulties is to lack of commitment by partnership agencies and working. Several barriers in the partnership working in health and social care organisation are as follows-
- Lack of transparency- If partnership has developed between health care organisations then it is very important to share accurate information and updates with each other. There should a proper transparency between various partners. If they have not adopted transparency with each other then it may become difficulties for them. They may break trust of each other.
- Cultural issues- In the working in partnership between organisations have various cultural and background people who have different value, perceptions, thoughts, beliefs, language, preferences etc. This is the major barrier for partnership working in the health and social care organisation (Minkler and Wallerstein, 2011).. Different cultural and regional may arise the problem related to different thoughts and decision so it may create a huge difficulty in understanding each other values in the organisations related to working.
- Assignments- In the partnership, if all duties and assignment of all partners is not completed in a given time period then it will result of breaking trust of each other. In addition to this it may create mismanagement so productivity also can decrease.
- Lack of trained professionals- Effective working in partnership are depends upon the skilled and quality workers. If there is lack of skilled and trained professionals then it becomes difficult to manage the work between partners Gould and et.al., 2010).
- Scarcity of resources- in the partnership working between the professional in health and social care organisation,there is required an adequate resources. If there is lack of desired resources such as equipment, machinery etc then it can arise the difficulty between various partners in the organisation (Lluch, 2011). They will unable to deliver effective services to the service users.
As per the above discussion it has been ascertained that there are various barriers in the working with partnership in health and social care organisation. In order to overcome these above mentioned barriers and improve the outcomes for partnership working in the organisation, there are various strategies which can assist in improving the quality of services provided by health care providers. These strategies are as follows-
- Strategy to have a common purpose- All partners in the working in partnership have common objective so as their way of working and criteria can match with each other. In addition to this, they can share their personal views and opinion related to the particular problem at workplace.
- Strategy for effective communication system- In the working in partnership, in order to achieve positive outcomes, there should be a proper system of communication. Communication play a very crucial role in the health and social care organisation by which professionals and patients can understand each others (Dickinson and Glasby, 2010). Among the partners there must have a proper communication channels so as they can exchange their relevant information and message with each other.
- Strategy for shared risk assessment plan- This is the best strategy which assist in reduce healthcare hazard is to formulate and share all the risk assessment plan between various physician and service users (Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care. 2016).
- Strategy for increase awareness and training- Organisation should conduct an effective training band development programs for care service provides and workers so as they can learn the new skills an quality of working (Ball and et.al., 2010). With assistance of this training programs , awareness among health professional can increase and the quality of working will automatically increase. In addition to this it aid in developing better strategics planning for effective working of partnership and health care organisation.
In health and social care organisation, partnership play a b very crucial role because through this arrangement, organisation, service users and service providers all are benefited(Dickinson and Glasby, 2010). From this project report it has been ascertained that partnership bring an innovation and creativity in health and social care organisation through which care services quality can improved. In addition to this legislative framework can impact on the partnership at large manner through which service providers have use safeguard in order to provide care services to patients. It has been also concluded that
organisation should adopt various strategies such as effective communication, have a common purpose, increase awareness and training etc in order to improve the outcomes of partnership in health and social care organisation.