1.1 Current legislation, guidelines, polices and procedures within UK home
Children Act 1989 – To provide local authority services for children who have need(Slee, Skrzypiec2017and Cefa,2017. ).
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Adoption and Children Act 2002
These are the laws mentioned above.
We tend to help you at every step regarding Academic Assistance
Get your Assignments Now!
1.2 Child protection within concept of safeguarding of children and young people
Children are protected from abuse and neglect. Plans are adopted to prevent impairment of their health and development.
1.3 National and local guidelines, polices and procedures for safeguarding in day -to- day work.
Children in localities should not be harmed or abused by parents and other people(Livingstone and Third2017). Children are needed to give time by their parents.
1.4 Injurious and serious case reviews
A serious case is reviewed when a child is dead or seriously injured. Several systems are there to reviews these conditions like child practice reviews, significant case reviews and case management reviews.
1.5 Legislation of covers data , protection, information handling and sharing.
Data protection act was brought in law in 1998 to revel the personal data and informations of an individual like children;s name, parents' name, addresses and bank details(Selwyn, Wood and Newman2017.).
2.1 Importance of safeguarding of children and young people.
It is taken forb the protection of young people and children from harm.
2.2 Importance of a child or young person in centred approach
Taking care of children's' wishes should be given a great importance.
2.3 Partnership working in safeguarding
Since 2008 this type of working is being done by the people for welfare of children to reduce unintentional injuries.
2.4 Organisation involved in a child or young misbehaving
- Local safeguarding children boards
- The national society for the prevention of cruelty to children(NSPCC)
- 3.1 Protection of child and young during work
- United Nations Declaration of the Rights of the child
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of child pornography
- Assessing the situation
- Challenging at the moment
- Observing the poor practice chart
- Be careful
- Do not be in hurry
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
3.1 Actions regarding abuse and harms to a child or a person.
- Child safeguarding statement is taken
3.2 Rights in case of harm and abuse to a child or a young people
- Listen child carefully
- Do not blame children
- Don not talk to the alleged abuser
4.1 Different types of bullying and potential effecting children and young person.
- Poor academic achievement
- Scared to walking to school
- Become depressed and anxious
- Truanting from school.
4.2 Polices and procedures concerning bullying with reasons
- Share understanding of different types of bullying
- U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights
- U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division
4.3 Support a child and family during bullying:
- Provide support and trust
- Have patient , calm and understanding
5.1 Supporting children in self confidence
Listen to them
- Encourage them
- Support their new creativity
- Support to children
- Show interest in their ideas
- Give response to their expression
5.2 Importance of supporting resilience in children and young people
This will make children more confident and they will feel free from stress and other problems(Tisdall, 2015).
5.3 Empowering children and young people to make positive choices
- Opportunities should be provided
- Encourage them
- Listen to their ideas
6.1 Risks and consequences for children and young people
They are involved in different illegal activities like (Selwyn,Woodand and Newman,2017.)
- Selling stolen goods
- illegal behaviour
- bad use of technologies
6.2 Reducing risk to children and young people
- a. Wasting of time by using phone
- b. Irreverent use of internet
- c. Seeking personal bank informations
- Slee, P. T., Skrzypiec, G. and Cefai, C. eds., 2017. Child and Adolescent Wellbeing and Violence Prevention in Schools. Routledge.
- Livingstoneand Third2017, S. Livingstoneand Third2017, A., Livingstoneand Third2017. Children and young people’s rights in the digital age: An emerging agenda.
- Tisdall, E. K .M., 2015. Children's Rights and Children's Wellbeing: Equivalent Policy Concepts?. Journal of Social Policy. 44(4). pp.807-823.
- Selwyn, J., Wood, M. and Newman, T., 2017. Looked after children and young people in England: Developing measures of subjective well-being. Child Indicators Research.10(2).pp.363-380.
- Ruck, M.D., Keating, D.P., Saewyc, E.M., Earls, F. and BenArieh, A., 2016. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child: Its relevance for adolescents. Journal of Research on Adolescence.26(1).pp.16-29.