Organizational management is one of the important processes of organizing, leading, controlling, and planning resources that may lead to attaining set goals and objectives. One of the main benefits of this is to resolve entire issues within the business entity. With the help of this manager easily take the right decision which may help in improving the overall performance of the company (Wilton, 2016). In addition to this, organizational management is the art of building a team in which all the people work together for attaining common goals. This will contribute to attaining better success in the marketplace. The present report is based on Marks & Spencer, is a British multinational retail company selling clothing, home products, and food products to its customers. This report discussed the function of HRM and Marketing which may contribute to attaining better success. Effective structure of the company is also mentioned in this project which positively contributes to the overall success.
1. Key aims of HRM and marketing function
Every business organization having various functions and activities by which firm improve their productivity level. In addition of this, company also formulate task and activities with the purpose of attaining set goals and objectives. Basically, management of organization is an key aspect which have some specific duties and responsibilities in order to perform as well as implement business activities in systematic manner. In this context, management is relate with the dynamic process which may leads in managing as well as supporting people at workplace so that they effectively perform their duties for achieving desirable goals and objectives. This will contribute in attaining better results in appropriate time frame. In this context there are some key function of organisation which play essential role in developing the business activities. All these are as follows:
Human resource management
It is one of the important function of business organization which helps in managing as well as controlling business and workers activities in order to attain set goals and objectives in appropriate period of time. Mainly, human resource management is relate with formal system for managing the workers at workplace (Human Resource Management Functions, 2017). In this HR manager play vital role in staffing, organizing and designing work within the organization. With the help of this company easily attain desirable goals and objectives. This will contribute establishing positive image of the company at market place. The main focus of HRM is to increase the productivity level of the workers by providing them training and development programs. For this, HR manager also formulate and implement policies and procedures to develop workers performance towards the company goals and objectives (Schaltegger, Burritt and Petersen, 2017). One of the main aim of human resource management is to ensue that company is to able to attain better success from their workers. This can be attain by continuous training and development programs, performance evaluations, reward programs and many more. This will aid in maintaining better employee relations at workplace. With the help of this, company established positive work environment and at the same time also reduce the chances of creating issues and obstacles. For effectively understand about human resource management, there are some key aims and objectives are as follows:
- Building coordination between organisational department: HRM is one of the important process for every business organization to build as well as maintain better coordination among all the organizational department which may leads in attaining set goals and objectives in appropriate time frame. Basically, the main aim of this is to provide better direction to the workers so that they effectively perform their activities and attain set goals. Along with this, it includes planning, recruiting, evaluation, training and development and association of the workers is also contribute in attaining desirable goals and objectives.
- Offering employee satisfaction:Under this objective, HRM consider as an important procedures to hire and select skilled people to execute business activities in order to attain competitive advantages. For attaining the same, manager have to select right person for right place for making better work environment. In this manager also formulate HR strategies, ideas with the purpose of improving individuals performance at workplace. This will directly contribute in maximising the productivity level of workers and company as well.
- Maintain employee relation:HRM is responsible for creating a better climate at workplace so that all the workers effectively perform their activities and also tries to maintain better relationship with other (Kitchin, 2017). This will helps in reducing the chances of arising conflicts among all the employees at workplace.
- Organisational effectiveness: HR manager play important role in developing as well as implementing HRM strategies in which they provide support events and programs to enhance the effectiveness of the organisation. For this manager also set policies in various areas like management of talent and also knowledge (Hamer and Collinson, 2014). With the assistance of this HR manager create a great place to workers for performing task.
- Reward management: For enhancing motivation to the workers, HRM introduce effective policies and procedures which ensure that employees are the valued and important for company. In this, manager of the company provide rewards, and job facilities to their employees to encourage them towards the company and its objectives.
Apart from this, human resource management also having some functions in which company improve their performance level and at the same time also create positive work environment. This will support to business organization to attaining set goals and objectives in setted period of time. If you are required assignment help online at an affordable budget. Along with this, there is some important function of human resource management which may helps in improving overall performance level of the company. All these can be understood by following points:
Managerial function: This is one of the important part of organizational management which consider various managerial function. It helps in performing all the activities appropriate way.
- Planning:It is necessary activity in which manager define goals and objectives of the company. Mainly, planning refer to the identification of personnel programs that helps in attaining set goals and objectives in appropriate way.
- Organizing:Under this function, manager of human resource design as well as develop an effective plan and program to easily reach their set goals and objectives. Along with this, manager also tries to coordinate all the activities of individuals effectively.
- Directing: Under this function, manager provide direction to employees in order to encourage them towards the work which may leads in attaining set goals and objectives of the company in most effective manner (Lozano, Ceulemans and Seatter, 2015).
- Controlling:With the help of this function human resource management control performance of the personnel. It also includes critical examine towards the workers performance, personal audit, performance appraisal and many more. This will directly contribute in enhancing the performance level of the workers.
Operative functions: This function is related with task and duties which may leads in performing all the activities in appropriate manner (Bourne, 2016). In this, some function of operative function are as follows:
- Employment:It is main role of operative function in which manager recruit, select and placement to the workers who effectively perform their activities in appropriate way. This will aid in attaining set goals and objectives.
- Development:Under this, manager conduct training and development programs to workers so that they enhance their working abilities and skilled as well at workplace. With the help of this they effectively perform their task.
- Motivation:For increasing motivation level, manager have to provide financial and non financial rewards to their employees so that they easily motivate towards the company goals and objectives. This will contribute in attaining set target in systematic manner.
Advisory function: Under this, manager specialised managing as well as controlling the human resource. In this context, they also give advise to workers to perform their activities accordingly.
- Advised to top management:Manager advise to top management in relation to personnel programs and procedures which may leads in attaining better human relation in appropriate way.
- Advised to departmental heads:In this, manager give advice to the departments heads in relation to planning, selection, training and recruiting as well.
Marketing is an important concept for every business organization to increase profitability level at market place. By using marketing concept, company increase customers base by providing them better services as per their needs and wants (Banfield, Kay and Royles, 2018). In addition of this, marketing is also an effective procedure to exchange of goods and services to customers in order to satisfy their needs and wants. In this context there are important function of marketing are as follows:
- Gathering and analysing market information:One of the main function of marketing is to gathering as well as analysing all the marketing information which may leads in improving the performance level of the company at market place (Bushuyev and Friedrich Wagner, 2014). This will also helps in determining the customers needs and wants towards the company products and services.
- Marketing planning:For attaining set goals and objectives, it is important for company to make an effective plan. It include various activity which manager set promotion and level of production to produce quality products to its customers in order to attain their better satisfaction level.
- Product designing and development:This function play important role in selling the product which may leads in inviting number of customers towards company products and services.
- Customers support service:Consumer are the important for company and market as well so that it is vital for marketer to provide quality products and services to customers in order to provide them better satisfaction. Along with this, manager of marketing also provide them support to resolve customers issues towards the company products and also retention them for long period of time.
- Pricing of products:One of the main function of marketing in which manager set product price which directly affect the profitability level of the company at market place. It is important for manager to effective set products price as per their quality so that customers easily get attract and consume it effectively. This will aid in increasing the profitability level of the company at market place.
- Promotion:This function play important role in informing customers towards the products and services in which they influence them to buy company products and services. With the help of this company increase their customers base and at the same time also enhance customers retention for long period of time.
- Physical Distribution:It is one of the main and important function of marketing which may help in providing products ate right time and right place (Duffield and Whitty, 2015). It includes various factors such as transportation, inventory, warehousing and order processing as well.
2. How an effective structure can positively contribute to the success of an organisation
Organization structure play vital role in attaining better success at market place. Basically, each and every organization having some goals and objectives in which company set effective structure depend on size of the business. With the help of this company easily attain appropriate goals and objectives. In this context, Marks & Spencer follow a flat organizational structure in which company has limited level of management. Basically this type of structure encourage workers to take appropriate decision and also improve performance level. One of the main focus of this structure is to reduce bureaucracy and at the same time also make their workers skilled which may leads in improving the performance level of the company. Along with this, flat organizational structure define pyramid shape in which top level of management easily reduce the layer of authority (Hamer and Collinson, 2014.). This will help in taking quick decision in order to increase the profitability level of the company. Flatter structure also enhance the demand of training for making workers able to perform their duties in most appropriate manner. The main benefit of this organizational structure is that it increase the productivity level of the company at market place. In addition of this, the main advantage of flat organizational structure is that:
- it increase the level of responsibility of workers within the organization which directly contribute in capturing larger market share.
- It remove excess layer of management which may leads in improving the better coordination among all the business activities in appropriate manner.
- It also helps in reducing the muddle management, by which company reduce the additional cost. With the help of this company improve their performance and profitability level as well.
- Under this workers have empower to take responsibilities and decision for enhancing the productivity level of the company at market place.
- It also reduce the supervision in which save time and cost as well. This will aid in enhancing the productivity level of the company.
In addition of this, flat organisational structure is one of the effective structure in which firm easily improve their performance level and also attain better success. Basically, this structure helps in cost saving by reducing the unnecessary layer of management. Along with this, company also provide better promotions which is based on performance level of the workers and management as well. In this context, it also allows clear communication which may reduce the chances of arising any kind of issues and conflicts. In addition of this, manager also provide better direction to its workers to enhance their productivity level which directly contribute in attaining set goals and objectives in appropriate period of time. All these are contribute in attaining better results which directly contribute in attaining competitive success at market place. If organisational structure is not more effective then it directly affect overall activities of the company and also reduce productivity level. So that it is important for company to maintain their workforce and management activities by developing strategies and policies. By this company increase their profitability level (Bourne, 2016). It also helps in attaining long term benefits by grabbing opportunities to maintain entire structure effective. The main focus of flat organizational structure is to increase the workers employment within the decision making process which may motivate as well as encourage them to attain desirable results. This will directly contribute in attaining success at market place.
You may also like this:
Interrelationship of Marketing Function of ALDI
From the above mentioned report, it can be concluded that organizational management play vital role in managing all the business activities in appropriate way in order to take right decision in appropriate manner. In this manager is also major part of the company to coordinate as well as control entire activities. Along with this, effective organizational structure is also helps in attaining better success at market place. In addition of this, various functions and aims also may leads in operating positive outcomes which contribute in capturing desirable goals and objectives.
- Wilton, N., 2016.An introduction to human resource management. Sage.
- Schaltegger, S., Burritt, R. and Petersen, H., 2017.An introduction to corporate environmental management: Striving for sustainability. Routledge.
- Kitchin, D., 2017.An introduction to organisational behaviour for managers and engineers: A group and multicultural approach. Routledge.
- Hamer, S. and Collinson, G., 2014.Achieving Evidence-Based Practice E-Book: A Handbook for Practitioners. Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Lozano, R., Ceulemans, K. and Seatter, C. S., 2015. Teaching organisational change management for sustainability: designing and delivering a course at the University of Leeds to better prepare future sustainability change agents.Journal of Cleaner Production. 106.pp.205-215.
- Bourne, L., 2016.Stakeholder relationship management: a maturity model for organisational implementation. CRC Press.