Table Of Contents
Want to share your experience with people?If yes,then reflective writing can help you. In college and school, your professor gives you this type of essay to check your analytical skills. Often, you don’t know how to start writing and look for the best reflective writing template. It is because the templates provide you with a guide to present the information flawlessly. But if you don’t know why reflective writing is different from other types of academic writing, then how will you write the essay impressively?
For excellent marks in the paper, you must be clear about all the things related to reflective writing. So, read below to know how reflective writing differs from other types.
How Reflective Writing Different?
In reflective writing, you have to explain your experience. It should offer an opinion or teach some values. In other types of academic writing, you are given a topic, and then you have to provide information around it.
But in a reflective essay, you have to select a topic associated with your life experience. You have to explain how you overcame the hurdles and achieved something.
Reflective writing shows your understanding of how you learn from a particular situation. In other academic writings, you have to show your knowledge and research skills. If you have a reflective essay, you must know its structure because it plays a crucial role in presenting the information impeccably. Have a look below to know the same.
You may also like to read: A Guide on How to Write a Short Essay? Purpose, Structure & Tricks
What Is the Best Structure for Reflective Writing? [Gibbs Reflective Cycle]
You can use Gibbs Reflective Cycle to present your life event effectively in the reflective essay. From beginning to the end,you will not have to struggle while writing if you understand this cycle. This reflective writing template includes 6 stages. Let’s know about them one by one below.
Here,you have to describe everything related to the event. You have to answer the below-mentioned questions. Have a look at them.
- What happened?
- Where and when it happened?
- Who was/were present?
- Why were you there?
- What did you do?
- What other people did?
- What was the result of the event?
- What did you want to happen?
When the incident was happening, what was your thought about it, and what you were feeling? Describe everything. To show off feelings perfectly, you can take the help of the below questions.
- What were you feeling and thinking during the situation?
- What were you feeling before and after the situation?
- What do you think about the situation now?
- What do you think other people were feeling about the situation?
- What do you think other people feel about the situation now?
You have to analyze and do brainstorming to find the brief ofthe situation. Find what worked and what did not. Ask the below-given 4 questions for the analysis.
- What was good and bad about the event?
- What went right and what wrong?
- What was your contribution to the situation?
- What was the contribution of the other people to the situation?
Sense of Situation:
Till now, you only focused on the presentation of the information, but now you have to move ahead to the conclusion. For this, you have to analyze the information. Make sense out of what you have written. For this, consider the below questions.
- Why did things go well?
- Why things didn’t go well?
- What is the sense of all the things happened?
- What the situation teaches? Values for you and others.
Now it's time to summarize your learning. Highlight the key points of what you learn in conclusion. Take help of the below questions for the same.
- What did I learn from this event?
- Can the situation went worse or better?
- What skills should I adopt to get better at handling such situations?
- What more could be done to deal with the situation?
Suppose you have to deal with the same situation in the future, then how will you deal with it perfectly? To explain it, take the help of the below questions.
- How will I handle the same situation better?
- How can I improve my skills to deal with the same situation?
- How will I know if I react differently next time?
With the help of Gibbs Reflective Cycle, you can produce an impressive essay. If you want to know the examples of reflective writing template, then read below. By knowing them, you can clear all the remaining doubts regarding reflective writing structure.
Students also like to read: Best Personal Statement Examples With Formatting Tips & More!
What Are the Best Reflective Writing Templates [Examples]
Introduce your topic to the reader. Start with a hook to make the introduction impressive. Or you can also start it with a famous statement. Give a quick review of the quote to make the information lucid.
Make the introduction an attention grabber. For this, use a quotation, anecdote, question, or statement. As per the need,use body paragraphs in the reflective essay. In conclusion,reiterate the key points.
You must have understood how to structure a reflective essay? So the chances of mistakes are less now. If you don’t know how to do reflective writing, you must check out the 5 tips mentioned below. They will help you to do reflective writing properly.
How to Improve Reflective Writing? 7 Tips to Know!
- Frame a topic around your personal experience so that you will not have to spend more time in research.
- You can write in the first person and use somewhat informal language also.
- Track the information as you write it on the paper to improve your writing.
- Try to convince the reader with emotive language and leave a moral for him.
- You can write a perfect reflective essay without the evidence from the literature field.
- Pay attention to describing your thoughts.
- Make the paper engaging for the reader by connecting the information with his life as well.
These 7 tips will help you in reflective writing so that you can secure amazing marks in the essay. If you still face problems, then you can take essay writing help Let’s read about it in the below section in detail.
Who Can Help Me in Writing Reflective Essays?
Instant Assignment Help has been offering the best quality essays to UK students for more than a decade. You will not have to worry about anything as our writers are certified. You can hire any professional to write an essay for you. If you want to know the features of our website, then read below.
- Impressive Topic
- Customized Help
- Free Editing
- Unlimited Revision
Apart from all these benefits, you can enjoy exciting offers also.
You may also like to read: Make Labor Day 2021 Memorable in 5 Ways with Exciting Assignment Offers
Although reflective writing is a challenging task, you can make it a little easy if you focus on the information provided in this blog. Choose the best reflective writing template from the examples, and write a flawless paper. In case of problems, professional writers of Instant Assignment Help will assist you with impressive essays.