- For this assessment brief you are required to follow the learning outcome 3.
- "critically reflect on transitional personal and professional development and find out your own strengths and the areas for development in context to professional adult nursing practice and the code"
- For this assessment, the maximum word count is 2000 word for reflexive narration at level 6.
- This assessment determines the reflection of your own professional and personal journey from being a student to be a qualified nurse.
- Use a reflective tool to organize the project; subheadings are fine
- You can write in first or third person (keep in mind that this is an academic paper)
- You must use the NMC Code (2018) to justify your actions and demonstrate to the reader how you can apply the Code to your practice
- You must investigate one or more of the following aspects of the NMC Code (2018) in depth and how you will uphold these aspects when working collaboratively with patients: Prioritize people, Practice effectively, Preserve safety.
- You must take into account the NMC (2018) Future Standards
- Think about how you have grown professionally and personally in your practice - consider how the situation may have affected how you work in the future
- Be critical and analytical of your performance and make sense of the situation (Level 6)
- Your personal learning journey and how this is specific to your adult nursing
- Make sure you explain to the reader what you have learned
- Make reference to the transition from a student nurse to a registered nurse and support this with academic reference
- How will you make the transition from student to registered adult nurse and improve your practice?Think about your journey or a particular circumstance.
- The Level 6 Marking Criteria are here.
This assessment is based on Pass or fail. To achieve the learning outcome, you must pass the project.
You may also like: