Learning Outcomes- Knowledge and Understanding
- LO1 What is meant by epidemiology, demography, genomics and also examine the varied attributes of the health, illness, and well being
- LO2 What factors are responsible for making the inequalities in the outcomes of the health
- LO3 Why childhood and past year experience are vital and this can have an impact on life choices, behavior, mental and physical health, and also on the well-being of adulthood.
Learning Outcomes- skills and attributes
- LO1 You are required to present the information in the format that help people in understanding and make a decision regarding their health, life choices, illness, and care.
- LO2 You are required to apply some evidence-based principles of the health promotion
- LO3 What factors impact the choices of health and also provide an overview of the individuals they encounter
Write an essay of the 2000 words
For this purpose, You are required to form a “pick and mix” case from the below-mentioned options.
Introduce a case by considering the below-mentioned scenario-
Consider yourself as a student nurse who is working in an acute medical ward and is headed with the responsibility of taking care of a patient who is diagnosed with Covid-19. It has been reported that the patient's age is 45 years and works as a London Underground cleaner.
Select any one health issue that your patient has- Obesity, smoking, or drinking alcohol
Follow the structure below-
- Introduce your-
Briefly discuss the health issue and why the chosen issue is a critical concern for nursing today. Provide the statistics:
- To think that, your patient is struggling with a psychological condition. So for this, you are required to provide any two such factors that impact the development of the chosen health issue of the patient:
- Any experience of childhood that affects adult health
- Think that the environment in which your patient lives, and how it affects their health. In this context discuss any two socio-economic factors
- To provide an overview of the demographics of the patient on the gender and community. Discuss any two demographic factors
- Provide a reflective view on the psychological or socio-economic or demographic in the community that might contribute to the diagnosis of the patient from COVID
- Provide some suggestions on how to change the lifestyle and adopt healthy behaviors after the recovery.