Knowledge and understanding
Critically evaluate the skills required in order to manage the care across the range of heath care settings.
Analyse and examine the care of the patient across the adult life span.
Identify the psychological factor of the various response of illness.
Skills and attributes
- Identify the ability of an individual in order to examine the range of communication strategies in order to interact with the adult as a patient.
- Highlight the understanding of the psychological responses and different strategies with disorder physiology.
- Analyse the ability to create an evidence based care strategies on the pathophysiology.
Onyeka is a native of Nigerian heritage. She is 27 year old. She has been admitted to the medical ward. She is the student of the university where she is studying physiotherapy. She is single mother and have a 2 year old baby. Also, she performs multiple responsibilities and working and helps with child care and as multiple co- morbidities and had a stroke in last year. the mother of the Onyeka lives with themself supports her mother with the heath needs. She also works as a part time in a clinic. She has very busy schedule and also gets late in completing her assignments on time. She is also worried for her financial conditions and also she has distance herself from her friends and also stop socialising with people. She explains that she is suffering from UTI from last week. And the reason can be dehydration. Due to her busy working schedule , she forget to drink water from time to time. She also has type 1 diabetes which is well controlled with insulin.
It has been said that she went for the urine several hours ago which was very pale and foul. On touching her hands she was cold but her chest is warm. Immediately the brood sample was collected of the patient.
Follow the instructions
- Introduction – overview of the assignment and topic cover in the essay (150 words)
- Communication-Identify the different range of communication skills , models and strategy which might be used by the nurse to communicate with the patients. (400 words)
- Psychological responses- Critically analyse the responses and the symptoms of the patient. Consider the patient and the case study and also discuss the coping strategy.
- The holistic role of the nurse- Producethe evidence based strategy and the psychological responses you have identified. (400 words)
- Conclusion-Describe the case study (150)