Knowledge and understanding
- Critically analyse the requirement of the skills in order to manage the care across the range of heath care settings.
- Identify and determine the care of the patient across the adult life span.
- Determine the psychological elements of the various response of illness.
Skills and attributes
- Determine the ability of an individual in order to analyse the range of communication strategies in order to interact with the adult as a patient.
- Present the understanding of the psychological responses and differnet strategies with disorder physiology.
- Determine the ability to create an evidence based care strategies on the pathophysiology.
Onyeka is a female of Nigerian heritage. She is 27 year old. She has been admitted to the medical ward. She us the strident of the university where she is studying physiotherapy. She is single mother of a 2 tear old baby. She has multiple responsibilities and working and helps with child care and as multiple co- morbidities and had a stroke in last year. the mother of the Onyeka lives with themself supports her mother with the heath needs. She also works as a part time in a clinic. She gets late because of the bust schedule and also gets late in completing her assignments on time.
She is also stressed about the financial worries and also she has distance herself from her friends and also stop socialising with people. She explains that she is suffering from UTI from last week. And the reason can be dehydration. As she is so busy that she forgets to drink water from time to time. She also has type 1 diabetes which is well controlled with insulin.
It has been said that she went for the urine several hours ago which was very dark and smell. On touching her hands she was cold but her chest is warm. Immediately the brood sample was collected of the patient.
Follow the instructions
Introduction – Describe of the assignment and sense of the essay (150 words)
Communication- Determine the different range of communication skills , models and strategy which might be used by the nurse to interact with the patients. (400 words)
Psychological responses- Critically evaluate the responses and the symptoms of the patient. Consider the patient and the case study and also discuss the coping strategy.
The holistic role of the nurse- determine the evidence based strategy and the psychological responses you have identified. (400 words)
Conclusion- Describe the case study (150)